Training within the South Central Oregon Fire Management Partnership (SCOFMP) is conducted on an interagency basis. Representatives of the agencies within the SCOFMP make up a sub-committee that provides oversight for wildland and prescribed fire training. All agencies involved are members of the East Slope Zone Training Committee.
Training is held based on a needs analysis to ensure that a pool of qualified personnel is maintained within the area. The NWCG sanctioned courses are taught to improve and strengthen skills and to foster employee development.
The Interagency Fire Training Officer is responsible for the coordination of all courses. This includes the circulation of course schedules and alerts, collection of nominations, notification of selections, locations of training, facility support, printing and distribution of course completion certificates, course evaluations and also coordinates with the webmaster to maintain the training webpage.
- All nominations for courses held within or outside the SCOFMP area are to be completed using the nomination form. Fill out a nomination form from the link provided and email it to the course coordinator listed. All local classes are free to everyone, so no need to fill out the money portion on the 2nd page of the nomination form.
- The Sub-unit Fire Training Officer in your area will assure all prerequisites have been met and can further answer any questions for the nomination procedures.
- Any questions regarding a particular course we offer, please contact the Course Coordinator for that particular course.
Selections for attendance are prioritized by the Unit Training Officer and the Lead Instructor with the following considerations:
- Agency personnel within the SCOFMP area: Lakeview District BLM, Fremont-Winema NF, Klamath-Lake ODF, Sheldon-Hart Mountain NWRC, Klamath Basin NWRC, Crater Lake NP, Klamath and Lake County Fire Defense Boards.
- Agency personnel and agency cooperators within the SCOFMP neighborhood
- Agency personnel and agency cooperators outside of the SCOFMP neighborhood
Important Training Links
- SCOFMP Fire Training Schedule
- Work Capacity Fitness Test (WCFT) Schedule
- Annual Fire Refresher (RT130) Schedule
- Standard Fire Orders
- 18 Watch Outs
- Interagency Standards for Fire and Fire Aviation Operations .pdf
- OR-OSHA AD & Operator/Landowner Training Schedule - .pdf - Only 3 classes offered. 2 in Klamath Falls, 1 in Lakeview.
- Wildland Fire Leadership Development Program
- Wildland Fire Safety Training Annual Refresher
- Pacific Northwest East Slope Zone Training Committee
- National Wildland Fire Training
- National Advanced Fire and Resource Institute (NAFRI) Schedule
- Training Nomination Form
- Download IQCS New Employee Data Sheet
- Download IQCS Transferred Employee Data Sheet
- IQCS Individual Employee Update (.docx)
- Incident Qualifications and Certification System
- PMS 310-1 Wildland Fire Qualification System Guide
- BLM Standards for Fire Training & Workforce Development .pdf
- Forest Service Fire & Aviation Qualification Guide
- NWCG Position Task Books
- Forest Service Handbook 5109.17
- Interagency Standards for Fire & Aviation Operations (Red Book)